ARCHIVED - National Energy Board - 2012-2013 Departmental Performance Report - Greening Government Operations Table for 2012-2013
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Supplementary Information (Tables)
Greening Government Operations Table for 2012-2013
The Greening Government Operations (GGO) supplementary table applies to departments and agencies bound by the Federal Sustainable Development Act, the Policy on Green Procurement, or the Policy Framework for Offsetting Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Major International Events.
- “RPP” refers to the Report on Plans and Priorities and represents planned or expected results.
- “DPR” refers to the Departmental Performance Report and represents actual results.
- “Departments” refers to departments and agencies.
Green Procurement Reporting for Departments and Agencies bound by the Policy on Green Procurement (PGP) but not the Federal Sustainable Development Act (FSDA)
In compliance with Section 7 of the Policy on Green Procurement (PGP), it is mandatory for all departments and agencies bound by the Policy to (plan and) report on their green procurement initiatives even if they are not bound by the Federal Sustainable Development Act (FSDA).
|Targets / Strategies||Comments|
|i. Approach: The NEB’s Management Services Team has been mandated to address all aspects of the Policy on Green Procurement.||The Management Services team is accountable for all aspects of the Policy on Green Procurement. This accountability is included in each team member’s performance management documents.|
|ii. Management Processes and Controls: In fiscal year 2012-13, the NEB’s internal policies on procurement and materiel management were reviewed and updated to integrate environmental considerations in decision making, from procurement planning through to the disposal process.||The NEB contracting policy and guide has been reviewed and updated with aspects of the Policy on Green Procurement addressed.|
iii. Specific Target: In addition to commitments identified in ii. and vi, the NEB is committed to ensuring that 95 per cent of all paper and furniture purchases are made through Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC) green consolidated procurement instruments, where available.
Ensure that 90% of all office supply purchases are made through PWGSC consolidated procurement instruments, where available.
Target will be achieved by the end of fiscal year 2012-13, with a mid-year review conducted to ensure the target is on track.
In 2012-13 the NEB expensed $36,184 for paper. Approximately 62 per cent of the paper was purchased on PWGSC green procurement Standing Offers. The remaining 38 per cent of paper supplies and services were purchased by contract or acquisition card. These paper products were all considered green products.
In 2012-13, the NEB expended $536,000 on furniture. Approximately 97 per cent of the furniture was purchased using the PWGSC green standing offers. The remaining 3 per cent were green products purchased through local purchase orders or acquisition card.
In 2012-13, the NEB expended $98,851 for office supplies. Approximately 75 per cent of office supplies was purchased on PWGSC green procurement Standing Offers. The remaining 25 per cent of office supplies were purchased by acquisition card or contract. We are unable to access if these purchases were considered green products.
Management Services team was reorganized by the end of 2012-13 to allow for improved service and accountability moving forward.
|iv. Green Procurement Training: In fiscal year 2012-13, all NEB functional specialists in procurement will be required to complete Canada School of Public Service course C215-Green Procurement.||In fiscal year 2012-13 the NEB had five functional specialists in procurement. All five specialists have completed the C215-Green Procurement Course.|
|v. Performance Status: In fiscal year 2012-13, managers of functional specialists in procurement will have an objective included in their performance management agreements to ensure environmental considerations are taken into account in all procurement activities.||There are two managers of functional specialists in procurement at the NEB. Both the Team Leader and Group Leader have accountabilities in their performance management that ensure environmental considerations are taken into account in all procurement activities.|
- Date modified: