Secretary and Regulatory Services
Under the leadership of the Secretary of the Board, the Regulatory Services Team is accountable for high-level hearing administration and regulatory support.
Secretary – Sheri Young
- With over 18 years working in leadership roles within the Federal public service, Ms. Young has a wealth of experience in strategic communications, government relations, regulatory affairs, policy analysis, operational and executive support services.
- Since 2012, she has held the position of Secretary of the NEB.
- Prior to the NEB she worked in various positions in the departments of Health, the Canada Food Inspection Agency, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Elections Canada, the Canadian Human Rights Commission and the Deputy Prime Ministers’ Office (DPMO/PMO).
- In addition to her career in the Public Service, for 14 years Ms. Young held the position of President & CEO of Lifeline Communications Group Inc., which provided strategic communications advice and media analysis to 26 federal departments as well as provincial and private sector clients.
Professional Affiliations, Degrees and Distinctions:
- Institute of Corporate Directors Program, ICD.D Certification, Rotman School of Business (2016)
- Bachelor of Journalism, BAA, Ryerson University
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Carleton University
- Journalism, Algonquin College
- Date modified: