Land Matters Group Steering Committee - Conference Call Summary - 12 December 2013
Conference Call SUMMARY
Land Matters Group Steering Committee (LMGSC)
Thursday, 12 December 2013
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Isabelle Bouffard - Union des producteurs agricoles du Québec (UPA)
- Pierre Lemieux - Union des producteurs agricoles du Québec (UPA)
- Deborah Eastlick - Alberta Energy Regulator (AER)
- Elvin Gowman - Farmer’s Advocacy Office (BC)
- Jamie Kereliuk - National Energy Board
- Beth Lau (for Barry Jardine) - Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers
- Greg Northey - Canadian Federation of Agriculture
- Gavin Smith - Westcoast Environmental Law
- Zeeshan Syed - Alberta Energy Regulator
- Lorna Patterson, Thea Wingert, Marie McKenney, Carol Mullet
- Shirley Benson - Metis National Council
- Jason Laronde - Union of Ontario Indians
- Jeff Paetz - The Canadian Energy Pipeline Association (CEPA)
- Gary Redmond - Synergy Alberta
- Philippe Reicher - The Canadian Energy Pipeline Association (CEPA)
|AGENDA ITEM||DECISIONS / ACTIONS / MESSAGES||UPDATES ON DECISIONS/ACTIONS|
|1. Welcome / Introductions||
New Steering Committee members:
|2. Confirm proposed agenda||Agenda confirmed|
|3. Round table updates||Updates received from SC members
Message - NEB to continue to work with LMG SC members in testing the Application to Participate form.
|4. Approval of 2013/14 Workplan||Decision - Steering Committee approved 2013-14 Workplan with one minor edit.
Action - NEB to post 2013-14 Workplan on NEB website.
|5. Proposed meeting schedule for 2014||Decision - 2014 meeting schedule will be confirmed at the 9 January 2014 LMG SC meeting in Calgary.|
|6. Proposed items for 9 January 2014 meeting||Decision - A working session on the NEB Proposed Changes to Regulations for Damage Prevention to be part of the agenda.
Decision - A working session on the Land Agent Code of Conduct to be part of the agenda.
|7. Review Action Items||See items 6 and 8|
|8. Closing||Decision - NEB will provide the most current links for Administrative Monetary Penalties (AMPS) to the LMG SC.
Message - LMG SC members would like more information on how AMPS will be communicated to the public.
Message - SC would like an updated briefing on abandonments and Company accountability and commitment.
Message - SC would like to know if Companies have committed to bilingual filings requests. For example, pan- Canadian projects and SAM COMS.
|Administrative Monetary Penalties Regulations (National Energy Board)
Decision - the NEB will follow-up with the LMG SC on AMPS questions.
Meeting notes prepared by Thea Wingert and Marie McKenney
- Date modified: