Compliance Verification Activity Report 1516-137 – Plains Midstream Canada ULC
Type of Compliance Verification Activity: Field Inspection
Related Activity Numbers: 1516-136
Inspection Officer Number(s): 2477, 2507T
Company: Plains Midstream Canada ULC
Facility Name(s): Milk River Pipeline - a 16.7 km 273.1 mm (NPS 10) crude oil pipeline between the Milk River Terminal and a valve site at the US border.
Theme(s): Environmental Protection
Compliance Tools Used:
This activity was undertaken to verify compliance with the following regulatory requirements.
X NEB Act
X Onshore Pipeline Regulations
X CSA Standard Z662 Oil and Gas Pipeline Systems
Processing Plant Regulations
Pipeline Crossing Regulations Part I
Pipeline Crossing Regulations Part II
Observations & Discussion
|Date visited||Location||Theme||Compliance Confirmed|
|29-Sep-15||Block Valve Station on U.S. Border||Environmental Protection||Yes|
- Facility identification signage present with company name and emergency contact information.
- Plains Midstream representatives stated that an in-line inspection had recently been conducted on the connecting 10" and 12" pipelines.
- There were abundant wildlife burrows throughout the gravel on-site.
- A diversion berm ran along the inside perimeter of the fence line.
- There was a meter-wide strip cleared of vegetation around the fence line.
- Observed a valve box with confined space entry to access the 10" and 12" lines.
- Gravel-covered geotextile was laid around the replaced pipeline inside the site.
This notice reflects the observations of non-compliance with regulatory requirements or company commitments, made by the inspection officer during the compliance verification activity. If the corrective actions identified are implemented by the completion date, the matter is considered resolved. Any unresolved compliance matters will be addressed by the inspection officer and may be referred to NEB enforcement staff.
517 Tenth Avenue SW Calgary, Alberta T2R 0A8
Telephone: 403-292-4800 Toll Free: 1-800-899-1265
- Date modified: