Sample Cover Letter
March 13, 2011
Mr. Ronald Daigle
Senior Human Resources Advisor
Community Safety and Partnerships Branch
Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness Canada
456 Another Street
I wish to apply for the position of Policy Analyst with the Community Safety and Partnerships Branch of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness Canada, Selection Process Number
I believe that my experience and qualifications are an excellent match for those listed in the Statement of Merit Criteria:
Area of Selection: Employees occupying a position in the National Capital Region
- I presently work in the NCR in the Health Care Policy Directorate of Health Canada.
Official Language Proficiency: Bilingual Imperative, level CCC/CCC
- I have level EEE.
Educational Requirements: Graduation with a degree from a recognized university with acceptable specialization in economics, sociology or statistics
- I have an honours BA in Sociology from the University of Ottawa.
- Social policy analysis with a focus on crime prevention through social development
- As a policy analyst with the Health Care Policy Directorate of Health Canada, I analyze social policy. While working in the Non-Medical Use of Drugs Directorate, I wrote a policy paper on the effects of methadone clinics and other social health services on crime prevention and recidivism amongst heroin addicts. I wrote a thesis on the effects of various social programs and early intervention on the rate of alcoholism and the associated crime rate in isolated communities.
- Participating in policy or multidisciplinary project teams
- Participated in multidisciplinary project team of economists, sociologists and public health professionals in developing and writing policy papers on various aspects of health care.
- Writing of reports, briefing notes and policy statements
- Regularly write reports and policy statements on various aspects of social programs.
- Participated in the drafting of several briefing notes to the Minister on current developments in health care.
I would welcome an opportunity to work in the Community Safety and Partnerships Branch. With my interests and background in crime prevention through early intervention and social programs, I feel that I could contribute to policy analysis and formulation in your Branch.
I look forward to hearing from you.
- Date modified: