Consultation on Proposed Changes to Emergency Management Filing Requirements in the Board’s Filing Manual
On 11 January, 2017 the National Energy Board launched an online comment process on proposed changes to Emergency Management Filing Requirements in the NEB’s Filing Manual. The closing date for comments on the proposed changes was 13 March 2017.
Companies regulated under the NEB Onshore Pipeline Regulations were notified of the consultation by letter, with direction they “...distribute a copy of this letter to agencies and organizations that may be involved in an emergency response on the pipeline and to those it has consulted in the development of its Emergency Management Program as required under the National Energy Board Onshore Pipeline Regulations.”
The Board received comments from seven organizations and an individual in response to the proposed changes. Comments may be viewed here:
- Canadian Energy Pipeline Association [PDF 1185 KB]
- City of Montreal [French only: PDF 28 KB]
- City of Montreal Police Department [French only: PDF 30 KB
- City of Windsor Fire Department
- “We support the changes being proposed and very specifically around the removal of Confidentiality pieces”
- County of Strathcona [PDF 1061 KB]
- Laval Fire Department
- « Par la présente, je vous informe que nous n’avons aucun commentaire à soumettre relativement aux modifications proposées au Guide de dépôt ».
- Tim Loncarich
- “Please do include the proposed changes to Emergency Management Filing Requirements in the Board’s Filing Manual. These changes should have been made a long time ago and may help reduce pipeline accidents and reduce the negative impacts when they occur.“
The comment period is now closed. The Board considered comments received and made the appropriate updates to the proposed changes.
- Date modified: