ARCHIVED - NEB Announces Public Hearing for TCPL’s King’s North Connection Project
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
For immediate release
17 November 2014
NEB Announces Public Hearing for TCPL’s King’s North Connection Project
CALGARY - The National Energy Board (NEB or the Board) will hold a written public hearing to consider an application from TransCanada Pipelines Limited (TCPL) to construct and operate approximately 11 km of new pipeline and associated facilities (the Project). The Project location crosses the three municipalities of Vaughan, Toronto, and Brampton, as well as the Regional Municipalities of York and Peel.
- The Board has identified and will consider the following issues in this hearing:
- The need for the proposed Project.
- The economic feasibility of the proposed Project.
- The potential commercial impacts of the proposed Project.
- The potential environmental and socio-economic effects of the proposed project, including any cumulative environmental effects that are likely to result from the project, including those required to be considered by the NEB’s Filing Manual.
- The appropriateness of the route and land requirements for the proposed Project.
- The engineering design and integrity of the proposed Project.
- Potential impacts of the proposed Project on Aboriginal interests.
- Potential impacts of the proposed Project on landowners and land use.
- Contingency planning for spills, accidents or malfunctions, during construction and operation of the Project.
- The terms and conditions to be included in any approval or recommendation.
The Board must hear from anyone who, in the Board’s opinion, is directly affected by the proposed Project, and may choose to hear from anyone who has relevant information or expertise.
To participate in this hearing, please visit the NEB website at www.neb-one.gc.ca, click on Submit Applications and Regulatory Documents and select Apply to Participate. When completing your Application to Participate, you must show that your interest in this Project, or the information or expertise you wish to contribute, is relevant to one or more of the Issues identified in the List of Issues in the Hearing Order [Filing A64282].
The deadline for filing an Application to Participate is noon (Calgary time) on 11 December 2014.
The National Energy Board is an independent federal regulator of several parts of Canada's energy industry with the safety of Canadians and protection of the environment as its top priority. Its purpose is to regulate pipelines, energy development and trade in the Canadian public interest. For more information on the NEB and its mandate, please visit the National Energy Board website.
- 30 -
Please visit the NEB website for general information about the hearing process and how you can participate effectively. To access the information, go to www.neb-one.gc.ca, select Hearing and Information Sessions, and then click on Participate in a Public Hearing.
For further information:
National Energy Board
Telephone (toll free): 1-800-899-1265
Facsimile (toll free): 1-877-288-8803
TTY (Teletype): 1-800-632-1663
- Date modified: