ARCHIVED - National Energy Board - 2011-2012 Departmental Performance Report - Greening Government Operations
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Supplementary Information (Tables)
Greening Government Operations (GGO)
The GGO supplementary table applies to departments and agencies bound by the Federal Sustainable Development Act, the Policy on Green Procurement, or the Policy Framework for Offsetting Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Major International Events.
- RPP refers to Reports on Plans and Priorities and represents planned / expected results.
- DPR refers to Departmental Performance Reports and represents actual results.
Green Procurement Reporting For Departments and Agencies Not Bound by the Federal Sustainable Development Act
Mandatory reporting on meeting the requirements of Section 7 of the Policy on Green Procurement, as applicable to departments and agencies bound by the Policy on Green Procurement but not the Federal Sustainable Development Act, should be reported here.
|Policy Implementation Status (Optional)|
|Targets / Strategies||Comments|
|i. Approach: The NEB’s Management Services Team has been mandated to address all aspects of the Policy on Green Procurement.||The Management Services team is accountable for all aspects of the Policy on Green Procurement. This accountability is included in each team member’s performance management documents.|
|ii. Management Processes and Controls: In fiscal year 2011-12, the NEB’s internal policies on procurement and materiel management will be reviewed and updated to integrate environmental considerations in decision making, from procurement planning through to the disposal process.||The NEB contracting policy and guide has been reviewed and updated with aspects of the Policy on Green Procurement addressed. It is anticipated that the updates will be approved in 2012-13.|
|iii. Target: In addition to commitments identified in ii. v., and vi., the NEB is committed to ensuring that 95 per cent of all paper and furniture purchases are made through Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC) green consolidated procurement instruments, where available.||
In 2011-12 the NEB expensed $35,000 for paper. Approximately 75 per cent of the paper was purchased on PWGSC green procurement Standing Offers. The remaining 25 per cent of paper supplies and services were purchased by contract or acquisition card. These paper products were all considered green products.
In 2011-12, the NEB expended $98,000 on furniture. Approximately 89 per cent of the furniture was purchased using the PWGSC green standing offers. The remaining 11 per cent were green products purchased through local purchase orders or acquisition card.
|iv. Meeting Target: Target will be achieved by the end of fiscal year 2011-12, with a mid-year review conducted to ensure the target is on track.||As a result of other operational priorities a mid-year review was not conducted and the target will not be achieved until 2012-13. A reorganization of the Management Services team in 2012-13 will allow for improved service and accountability moving forward.|
|v. Training: In fiscal year 2011-12, all NEB functional specialists in procurement will be required to complete Canada School of Public Service course C215-Green Procurement.||In fiscal year 2011-12 the NEB had five functional specialists in procurement. All five specialists have completed the C215—Green Procurement Course.|
|vi. Performance Evaluations: In fiscal year 2011-12, managers of functional specialists in procurement will have an objective included in their performance management agreements to ensure environmental considerations are taken into account in all procurement activities.||There are two managers of functional specialists in procurement at the NEB. Both the Team Leader and Group Leader have accountabilities in their performance management that ensure environmental considerations are taken into account in all procurement activities.|
- Date modified: