Meeting Summary - 2 December 2010
Arctic Offshore Drilling Review
2 December 2010
8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
|National Energy Board offices
Purpose: Introduce the Arctic Offshore Drilling Review to the Chair of the Inuvialuit Environmental Impact Screening Committee (EISC)
|John Ondrack||Chair, EISC|
|Gaétan Caron||Chair and Chief Executive Officer, NEB|
|Lynn Mercier||Member, NEB|
|Brian Chambers||Northern Advisor, NEB|
|Bharat Dixit||Conservation of Resources, NEB|
Introductory Remarks (NEB):
- A general overview of the scope and phases of the Arctic Offshore Drilling Review was provided, including the gathering and analysis of evidence and the production of a report.
Dialogue with Chair of EISC:
In response to the introduction, a number of areas of interest and concern were raised by the Chair of the EISC, including:
- The NEB's approach to the Arctic Review was valid and appropriate
- It is important for Inuvialuit communities to have an opportunity to participate in the Arctic Review process
- The EISC was pleased that the NEB was making efforts to engage youth in the review process.
- NEB Staff offered to work with the EISC on environmental screenings related to oil and gas operations received by the EISC.
- Date modified: