Meeting Summary - 14 July 2011
Arctic Offshore Drilling Review
Information Meeting Summary
14 July 2011
1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
7:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.
|Simon Kataokak Community Centre
Purpose: Phase 2 Information Meeting
|Bharat Dixit||Technical Leader, Exploration and Production, NEB|
|Pamela Romanchuk||Environmental Specialist, NEB|
|Susan Gudgeon||Northern Coordinator, NEB|
National Energy Board staff gave a presentation providing an overview of:
- the Board's role in the North
- the scope of the Arctic Offshore Drilling Review
- what has occurred to date including stakeholder meetings and information filed
- where the Review is now at
- what is coming up
Questions and Comments:
The following questions and comments were posed:
- The Community Corporation discussed the Review at their last meeting and decided who to send to the Roundtable.
- Who will be looking after the logistics?
- What about terrorism - crazy people with bad tempers could try something. This is one of the first things to think about.
- NEB staff are available to assist in completing registration forms for the Roundtable as well as funding applications.
- Copies of DVDs containing the information on the NEB Arctic Offshore Drilling Review website are available.
- Date modified: